Role: Partnership Manager
Reports to: SixThirty Director of Corporate Partnerships
Location: St. Louis, MO or Remote
What is SixThirty Ventures (“SixThirty”) all about?
Our mission is to invest in the most innovative ideas in enterprise FinTech, InsurTech, digital health, and information security across the globe, and work with corporate Limited Partners (LPs) to advise and help them grow into great businesses. SixThirty invests from first check through early-growth rounds. Our LPs are category leaders from across financial services, insurance, healthcare, and enterprise technology.
What will the Partnership Manager do?
SixThirty is hiring a Partnership Manager who will be responsible for fostering, managing, and maintaining strong relationships with SixThirty’s Corporate LPs, enabling collaboration across the portfolio and LPs. At SixThirty, we are focused on building speed-to-trust between startups & Corporate LPs, and are pioneering relationships that drive collaboration and accelerate trust building. The Partnership Manager will provide Corporate LPs with knowledgeable advice and guidance, facilitate relationships with startup founders, promptly resolve any issues, and ensure client satisfaction. You will also assist with communications and reporting, event planning & execution to facilitate collaboration with startups & corporate LPs.
To be successful as a partnership manager you should be able to build positive, long-term relationships and drive collaboration between large corporates & startups, understanding needs, incentives, and priorities on each side. We also expect you to be a strategic thinker with an analytical mindset and strong problem-solving skills. The Partnership Manager’s responsibilities will include:
Key Account & Relationship Management
- Lead Corporate LP relationships as assigned, supporting the Director of Corporate Partnerships.
- Identify key leaders within each Corporate LP with whom to cultivate deep, impactful relationships.
- Understand Corporate LP priorities, focus areas and needs, and develop plans to address them.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of SixThirty investments & pipeline, industry trends, and each Corporate LP’s business, and identify & act upon opportunities to deepen relationships.
- Working in close coordination with the Investment team, develop & maintain pipelines of relevant early-stage startups for corporate partners; coordinate & lead periodic meetings to review.
- Lead & coordinate regular Corporate LP meetings and calls, and produce presentation materials.
- Coordinate & assist with the planning and execution of Corporate LP events and meetings, including SixThirty Circles and CEO Summit.
- Gather feedback from corporate partners on their experience and impact with SixThirty.
- Provide excellent client service to all corporate partners and stakeholders.
Communications & Reporting
- Manage the creation and distribution of regular reporting and communications to LPs, including newsletters, corporate partner impact reports, thought leadership, performance updates, annual reports, and ad-hoc marketing and communications.
- Assist with the creation of fundraising materials, including pitch decks & investor presentations.
- Ownership of SixThirty’s website and web presence.
- Evaluate third parties such as software vendors to ensure SixThirty is offering the best experience for its portfolio companies and LPs.
What are we looking for?
The areas we invest are some of the fastest growth areas in tech & venture capital. We are looking for a self-starter, who is comfortable and excited about working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate can juggle many responsibilities, while simultaneously prioritizing key activities.
- An undergraduate degree in business, marketing, or related fields
- 3 – 6 years experience in venture capital, financial services, or insurance in a client-facing role
- Experience in Partnership or Relationship Management or Business Development, financial services or healthcare preferred
- Very strong interpersonal communication skills, critical thinking, and collaborative nature
- High proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Canva, and comfort learning new software
- Highly organized and detail oriented, while able to multi-task
- Problem-solving attitude, entrepreneurial mindset; bias toward action, efficiency, and outcomes
- Passion for innovation and experience with adoption of new technology
- A genuine interest in the areas where we invest
The Partnership Manager is a full-time paid position. The Partnership Manager reports to the Director of Corporate Partnerships. There will also be interactions with team members based in Europe and APAC, so occasionally the Partnership Manager will be asked to work outside of typical US business hours.
The compensation package includes a competitive salary and incentive structure, plus comprehensive benefits, including: health, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, and growth and leadership opportunities.
Send resume along with answers to questions below to Molly Hoffmeyer, Director of Corporate Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tell us about yourself (50 words max)
- Why are you interested in the role? (250 words max)
- Tell us about a time when you built a business relationship from the ground up: how did you do it, what results did you achieve, what did you learn? (250 words max)
- Why do you think it is important to build relationships between startups and large corporations, and what are the key components for success? (250 words max)
Further written exercises may be required. References may be requested.
SixThirty is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in an uniformed service, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law.