Role: Chief of Staff
What is SixThirty Ventures (“SixThirty”) all about?
Our mission is to invest in the most innovative ideas in enterprise financial technology (“FinTech”), insurance technology (“InsurTech”), digital health, and information security across the globe, and work with corporate LPs to advise and help grow them into great businesses. SixThirty invests from first check through early-growth rounds. Our LPs are category leading institutions from across financial services, insurance, healthcare, and enterprise technology. We are nearing the completion of raising our next fund, and need a dynamic jack-or-jill-of-all-trades.
What will the Chief of Staff do?
SixThirty is hiring a Chief of Staff who will work closely with the firm’s leadership team across a wide range of operational and strategic areas. This is an exciting role that presents the opportunity to join a growing venture capital firm that is focused on some of the most exciting sectors in tech. The firm’s environment is fast-paced, and the Chief of Staff must be comfortable working independently, learning quickly, and making judgments based on best-available information. SixThirty’s Chief of Staff will have immediate impact with responsibility for day-to-day operations of the firm.
The Chief of Staff scope of responsibilities will include the following areas:
- Support day-to-day firm operations including financial oversight and administration of funds under management
- Take ownership of the firm’s compliance and related activities
- Manage key third-party relationships including fund administration and accountants / tax advisors
- With direction from the firm’s General Counsel, assist with drafting and reviewing transaction documents
- Interface with the firm’s external counsel as necessary
- Take ownership of periodic regulatory filings
- Support due diligence efforts
- Stand in for an investment team member in any number of instances including a meeting with a pipeline company, networking with other investors, or speaking with an LP about a portfolio company
- Manage databases related to investment activity including pipeline database in Airtable, portfolio company KPIs in Venture360, and others
LP Relationship Management
- Support Director of Corporate Partnerships in growing and maintaining relationships with Corporate Partners
- Create content to share with corporate partners, including impact reports/scorecards, and thought leadership
- Gather feedback from corporate partners on their experience and impact with SixThirty
- Coordinate meetings and calls, and produce presentation materials
- Provide excellent customer service to all corporate partners and stakeholders
Events & Communications
- Plan and execute quarterly events to engage LPs and add value to our portfolio companies
- Assist SixThirty leadership in planning and execution of SixThirty’s First Annual CEO Scale Up Summit, acting as project manager for the event
- Plan, coordinate, and execute SixThirty’s go-to-market program including workshops and advisor sessions
- Lead communications across social, newsletters, and other methods
- Take ownership of SixThirty’s website and web presence
Team and Culture
- Champion firm culture and lead internal team-building activities
The core of the U.S.-based team is in St. Louis. We prefer a candidate local to St. Louis but are open to considering candidates located elsewhere that are effective at working remotely and are game to travel to St. Louis frequently. The compensation package includes a competitive salary and incentive structure, as well as comprehensive benefits.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least four years of work experience. Relevant backgrounds include operating experience at best-in-class enterprise technology company, investment firms, and consulting firms.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; bias toward action, efficiency, and outcomes
- “Can do,” proactive roll up sleeves approach toward getting things done, streamlining operations, and boosting team productivity
- Growth mindset; appreciation for learning and challenge
- Interest in venture capital and/or investing, and the industries / sectors we are focused on
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation
- High level of professionalism, maturity, and discretion
- Tell us about yourself in (140 characters max)
- Why are you interested in the role? (250 words max)
- What tech CEO do you admire and why? (100 words max)
- What questions do you have about this role?
Further written and mathematical / logic exercises may be required. References may be requested.
SixThirty is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in an uniformed service, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law.